ABCO can quote you with over 10 different insurance companies to get you the best rate. You need to look no further than ABCO Insurance Agency, Inc. Floods usually strike without warning, they occur in all 50 states. With the increase of construction going on all over the United States comes an increase in damaged property from floods. Who can forget the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy on the beaches of New York and New Jersey. The aftermath of the homeowners who did not have flood insurance is still be dealt with today. But the fact remains more than one in five NFIP flood claims occur outside designated flood zones. Here's what you need to know and what ABCO Insurance Agency can do for you and your piece of mind. A basic homeowners insurance policy will NOT cover floods. The cost of your flood insurance premium is determined by your level of risk, how much coverage you choose, your deductible, the age, elevation and type of home you own. You can determine your level of risk by visiting FloodSmart.gov. What Does Flood Insurance Cover? There are two types of coverage: building and contents. Building Coverage
- Homeowners and condominium unit owners can purchase up to $250,000 of building coverage.
- Businesses can purchase up to $500,000 of building coverage.
- Residential condominium associations can purchase up to $250,00 for each eligible unit or the replacement cost of the building.
- Homeowners and condominium unit owners can purchase up to $100,000 for contents.
- Businesses can purchase up to $500,000 for contents.
- Renters can also purchase contents protection up to $100,000.